Monday, August 31, 2009

Lacation Cookies

Carey and her kids are coming tomorrow so I am going to make us Lactation Cookies as a treat! I am so proud of her for breastfeeding Colin! She and I had very similar problems with our first kids breastfeeding and I know how wonderful I feel being able to nurse sweet girl. I know she is really enjoying nursing Colin too. We keep saying to each other how amazing it is that our bodies produce the perfect food for our babies! Here is the recipe for the cookies - they really do boost supply and are YUMMO!! The secret is the brewers yeast, oatmeal and flax seed.


Lactation Cookies

2/3 cup butter
1/3 cup olive oil
1 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 cups ground flax seeds
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups whole grain wheat flour
3 cups rolled oats
4 tablespoons brewer's yeast
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream butter, oil and sugar.
Mix in eggs and vanilla, add flaxseed.
Stir in flour, brewers yeast and oats.
Add choc chips.
If mixture is too dry add a little more olive oil.
Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment