Saturday, August 1, 2009

Sweet Potatoes

We had sweet girls 6 mo appt yesterday and she is 26" and 15.9 lbs! She is growing and her car seat is getting heavier and heavier! Thursday, we tried sweet potatoes. I think I am stopping the BLW - she never really got any food in. And, while I know that nursing is all she needs in the first year, I still want her to actually taste food, not just play with it! So I am going to try to make her foods. Carey had a friend who was getting rid of a steamer so I got it! And making the sweet potatoes was really easy. I just peeled them and put them in the steamer for 70 min, pureed them in my Cuisinart Mini Prep and froze them in 2 oz portions in my baby food freezer tray! When I fed it to her, I defrosted it and added a little breastmilk to thin it down. I will try to take pictures of my next baby food making adventure! She ate it up! She is also 'drinking' out of a sippy. She mostly just plays with it!! So she loves the potatoes but hates the bib!

Next up, Squash! Instead of steaming the squash, I will roast it in the oven before pureeing!







1 comment:

  1. So cute! Happy Belated 1/2 Birthday Sweet Girl! Lovin' the blog :)
    ~Carey...I had to post this through our google account--I need to figure out this commmet thing!

    ReplyDelete