Monday, May 10, 2010

Eggs, Eggs, Eggs!!!!




Monkey had an egg challenge on Friday and passed - WOOHOO! He isn't allergic to eggs anymore! For a little background...I tried to nurse him and had no luck getting him to latch so I pumped for a few weeks and wasn't a fan so we switched to formula again, again and again.. 5 formulas later, we found one that 'worked'. He had NO eczema, stomach issues, reflux on breastmilk but developed ALL of these things, plus recurrent ear infections...No matter what anyone says, I will forever feel guilty for not sticking it out and pumping to give him milk. Sweet girl is the flipside, nursed easily and NO health issues.. Coach says I will nurse her till she is 18... I am afraid to stop! Go ahead, judge!! After a year of health issues, we had him tested for allergies at 1. He was then allergic to eggs (yolk and white). Every year he has added more allergies to the list:( They said we could do the egg challenge. We waited till his breathings issues were better and tried. They said to bring in eggs and of course I had none. We did bring an egg sandwich from McDonalds,donuts, cookies and pancakes. They started with the eggs. First, they just touched his tongue with the eggs and every 15 mins, increased the amt. He LOVED eggs from the first taste (his first taste ever!). I was very surprised because he is a picky eater. The doctor said he probably wasn't allergic anymore because he liked them - most kids dont like the foods they are allergic too! So 3 hrs later, he is in love with eggs and isn't allergic anymore.. Hello cookies, cakes, breads, and donuts!!! It will be so nice to go to bday parties and not have to bring our own dessert!! Lets just say, he has been enjoying all the sweets (eating Krispy Kreme as we speak!) We went to Unos on Friday to celebrate and he ordered Macaroni and Cheese with eggs - ha!





No comments:

Post a Comment